Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Flywheel Society - Assignment Six (Poetry)

Iamb and Ku

I strolled amidst the gale-force winds and cold
Cheeks blush, red tinged, I sought an ancient soul
Once he’d held sway on topics varied wide
Sought I the place where Ku had gone to hide
“Ho! Ku!”  I broke the chill with greeting warm
“Awake! Return to your once glorious form!”
Then stirring came and crackling leaves were heard
Who has,” it growled, “my pleasant sleep disturbed?”
And seeing me a smile crept to his lips
I feebly waived with frozen fingertips
“It’s been ages, Iamb
This place is quiet without you
I suffer silence.”
“The noise and fame are overrated sure
But people clap and clamor wanting more”
“Always has the world
chosen new ways over old
at its own peril.”
“I doubt the world will its own peril see
For rhyming is the one true poetry”
“My tired has deep roots
Nourished by reckless choices
I leave you now”
He sank once more beneath the brush and sighed
It seems the world has left old Ku behind

No comments: